Home » News » Public Safety
Injured Carroll County deputy identfied
FREEDOM - A Carroll County Sheriff official said the deputy who accidentally shot himself Monday night is recovering from surgery at a Boston hospital.
Stephen Rowe, who has been a full-time Carroll County Sheriff deputy for about a year, remained at Massachusetts General Hospital Wednesday with non-life threatening injuries, said Lt. Michael Santuccio.
New Hampshire State Police are investigating Rowe's injury as well as a related gunshot injury at a Huckins Road in Freedom location Monday night.
Rowe “suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene,” State Police said in a release issued Tuesday morning.
Rowe and officers with state police, Madison and Ossipee police departments were investigating a gunshot wound to another man's leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police have not released the name of the other shooting victim, and Santuccio directed questions about the investigation to State Police.
State Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax