Mass to be said in Polish on Friday in Claremont
CLAREMONT - The parishioners of St Joseph Church, 58 Elm Street, announce the continuation of a tradition that started two years ago.
In response to requests by church members who were raised in Poland and miss hearing the Catholic Mass spoken in the Polish language, the Rev. George Majka agreed to do so between Christmas and the New Year.
The tradition continues and this year, the third annual Polish Mass and pot luck supper will be held on Friday, Dec. 28, at 7 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to attend, not just those who are from Poland or speak the language.
Those attending the supper are asked to bring a hot or cold dish.
Monetary donations are always welcome to help defray some of the costs of running the event.
For more information, call, 542-1773.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 13
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 6
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 64
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Heavy, wet snow causes extended outages for Unitil customers - 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket