Mass to be said in Polish on Friday in Claremont
CLAREMONT - The parishioners of St Joseph Church, 58 Elm Street, announce the continuation of a tradition that started two years ago.
In response to requests by church members who were raised in Poland and miss hearing the Catholic Mass spoken in the Polish language, the Rev. George Majka agreed to do so between Christmas and the New Year.
The tradition continues and this year, the third annual Polish Mass and pot luck supper will be held on Friday, Dec. 28, at 7 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to attend, not just those who are from Poland or speak the language.
Those attending the supper are asked to bring a hot or cold dish.
Monetary donations are always welcome to help defray some of the costs of running the event.
For more information, call, 542-1773.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 2
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466