Bishop announces pastoral assignments
MANCHESTER - Manchester Bishop Peter A. Libasci announced the following pastoral assignments earlier this month:
The Rev. Gerard J. Dion returned from an extended leave of absence and began part-time ministry primarily at Nashua hospitals on December 1.
The Rev. A. Steven Marcoux III resigned as pastor of St. Matthew Parish in Windham and will join the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette effective Jan. 1.
Fr. Paul Belhumeur, of the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette, will be temporary administrator of St. Matthew effective Dec. 26 and remain there until a new pastor is appointed.
St. Matthew Parish will be open for applications in the near future.
The Rev. Damian Umeokeke, a priest from the Diocese of Onitsha, Nigeria, has been assigned as the Amoskeag Deanery Chaplain primarily for Elliot Hospital and also to cover some nursing homes.
His appointment began Dec. 1.
He will live at St. Anthony Parish, Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
- Seacoast churches offer program introducing Episcopal faith - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
- New Cardinal Gerald Lacroix thanks his mom and dad - 2
- NH family cheers newly installed Cardinal Lacroix - 1
- New cardinal surrounded by love from NH - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief