Bishop announces pastoral assignments
MANCHESTER - Manchester Bishop Peter A. Libasci announced the following pastoral assignments earlier this month:
The Rev. Gerard J. Dion returned from an extended leave of absence and began part-time ministry primarily at Nashua hospitals on December 1.
The Rev. A. Steven Marcoux III resigned as pastor of St. Matthew Parish in Windham and will join the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette effective Jan. 1.
Fr. Paul Belhumeur, of the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette, will be temporary administrator of St. Matthew effective Dec. 26 and remain there until a new pastor is appointed.
St. Matthew Parish will be open for applications in the near future.
The Rev. Damian Umeokeke, a priest from the Diocese of Onitsha, Nigeria, has been assigned as the Amoskeag Deanery Chaplain primarily for Elliot Hospital and also to cover some nursing homes.
His appointment began Dec. 1.
He will live at St. Anthony Parish, Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?