Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Stolen baby Jesus not returned to manger
DOVER - Despite the best hopes and prayers of students and staff at St. Mary's Academy, a stolen baby Jesus figure was not returned to its manger scene by Christmas morning.
As the day passed, the cradle remained vacant in between statues of Mary and Joseph that have been placed outside of the Catholic elementary school for as long as any of the staff can remember.
Every year, the scene is erected outside the school on Central Avenue just after Thanksgiving and in time for the annual holiday parade. School staff said none of the statues have ever been stolen before.
A maintenance man at the school noticed the baby Jesus was missing on Saturday, Dec. 15 as he was driving by. Half of the lights in the manger scene were out, and upon further inspection, he discovered the theft.
It was reported to police, but staff remained hopeful that someone would return the baby Jesus in time for Christmas morning. Those hopes and prayers were not answered.
At least one alumni offered to pay for the replacement of the baby Jesus figure after hearing news of the theft last week.
- - - - - - - -
Gretyl Macalaster may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483