Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Driver found with gunshot wound after hit-and-run call
MANCHESTER — Police are investigating the shooting of a 25-year-old man found critically wounded in the driver's seat of a sport-utility vehicle Thursday.
Police found the SUV near the intersection of Jane and Nashua streets, where it had collided with a smaller vehicle.
The call came in around 3 a.m. as a hit-and-run report, but the responding officers found that was not the case when they saw the two vehicles and wounded driver in the Toyota SUV, Manchester Police Capt. Nick Willard said.
“We're trying to piece together the events that led up to that,” Willard said.
Police did not believe the shooting was random and were investigating whether it was connected to something that happened earlier, Willard said.
Residents in the area told officers they believed they had heard gunshots; the back window of the SUV was shattered. Reports at the scene indicated the man had been shot in the head.
The man, whose name was not released, was in critical condition at Elliot Hospital, Willard said, referring all other questions to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin.
Strelzin said investigators were still checking out leads and speaking to witnesses. The exact location of the shooting remained under investigation and, as of 8 p.m. Thursday, no arrest had been made, Strelzin said.
“We know the general area where the shooting took place, but the exact spot is still under investigation,” Strelzin said.
He said authorities will anticipate being able to release more information about the shooting Friday.
- - - - - - - -
Doug Alden may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 7
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 1
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 1
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 5
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424