May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Driver found with gunshot wound after hit-and-run call
An investigator looks into an SUV where a motorist was found with a gunshot wound early this morning near Jane and Nashua streets in Manchester. (Jeffrey Hastings)
Authorities confirm death of man with gunshot wound found in car
MANCHESTER — Police are investigating the shooting of a 25-year-old man found critically wounded in the driver's seat of a sport-utility vehicle Thursday.
Police found the SUV near the intersection of Jane and Nashua streets, where it had collided with a smaller vehicle.
The call came in around 3 a.m. as a hit-and-run report, but the responding officers found that was not the case when they saw the two vehicles and wounded driver in the Toyota SUV, Manchester Police Capt. Nick Willard said.
“We're trying to piece together the events that led up to that,” Willard said.
Police did not believe the shooting was random and were investigating whether it was connected to something that happened earlier, Willard said.
Residents in the area told officers they believed they had heard gunshots; the back window of the SUV was shattered. Reports at the scene indicated the man had been shot in the head.
The man, whose name was not released, was in critical condition at Elliot Hospital, Willard said, referring all other questions to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin.
Strelzin said investigators were still checking out leads and speaking to witnesses. The exact location of the shooting remained under investigation and, as of 8 p.m. Thursday, no arrest had been made, Strelzin said.
“We know the general area where the shooting took place, but the exact spot is still under investigation,” Strelzin said.
He said authorities will anticipate being able to release more information about the shooting Friday.
- - - - - - - -
Doug Alden may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424