Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Driver found with gunshot wound after hit-and-run call
MANCHESTER — Police are investigating the shooting of a 25-year-old man found critically wounded in the driver's seat of a sport-utility vehicle Thursday.
Police found the SUV near the intersection of Jane and Nashua streets, where it had collided with a smaller vehicle.
The call came in around 3 a.m. as a hit-and-run report, but the responding officers found that was not the case when they saw the two vehicles and wounded driver in the Toyota SUV, Manchester Police Capt. Nick Willard said.
“We're trying to piece together the events that led up to that,” Willard said.
Police did not believe the shooting was random and were investigating whether it was connected to something that happened earlier, Willard said.
Residents in the area told officers they believed they had heard gunshots; the back window of the SUV was shattered. Reports at the scene indicated the man had been shot in the head.
The man, whose name was not released, was in critical condition at Elliot Hospital, Willard said, referring all other questions to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin.
Strelzin said investigators were still checking out leads and speaking to witnesses. The exact location of the shooting remained under investigation and, as of 8 p.m. Thursday, no arrest had been made, Strelzin said.
“We know the general area where the shooting took place, but the exact spot is still under investigation,” Strelzin said.
He said authorities will anticipate being able to release more information about the shooting Friday.
- - - - - - - -
Doug Alden may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424