Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester fire displaces family
Manchester firefighters pack up after putting out a fire at 116 Notre Dame Ave, about a block from West High School on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
MANCHESTER - A family of four was displaced by a fire on the third floor of an apartment building at 116 Notre Dame Ave. Thursday night, according to city Fire District Chief Michael Gamache.
Gamache said the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He said the fire was on the ceiling of the third-floor apartment and was advancing to the attic before firefighters extinguished it.
He said the displaced family is staying with relatives. Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 worth of damage, Gamache said.
Gamache said accessing the home, which was on a hill, was "both dangerous and challenging" for fire crews because of Thursday's snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m