Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester fire displaces family
Manchester firefighters pack up after putting out a fire at 116 Notre Dame Ave, about a block from West High School on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
MANCHESTER - A family of four was displaced by a fire on the third floor of an apartment building at 116 Notre Dame Ave. Thursday night, according to city Fire District Chief Michael Gamache.
Gamache said the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He said the fire was on the ceiling of the third-floor apartment and was advancing to the attic before firefighters extinguished it.
He said the displaced family is staying with relatives. Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 worth of damage, Gamache said.
Gamache said accessing the home, which was on a hill, was "both dangerous and challenging" for fire crews because of Thursday's snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon - 4
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you