Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester fire displaces family
Manchester firefighters pack up after putting out a fire at 116 Notre Dame Ave, about a block from West High School on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
MANCHESTER - A family of four was displaced by a fire on the third floor of an apartment building at 116 Notre Dame Ave. Thursday night, according to city Fire District Chief Michael Gamache.
Gamache said the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He said the fire was on the ceiling of the third-floor apartment and was advancing to the attic before firefighters extinguished it.
He said the displaced family is staying with relatives. Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 worth of damage, Gamache said.
Gamache said accessing the home, which was on a hill, was "both dangerous and challenging" for fire crews because of Thursday's snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings