Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester fire displaces family
MANCHESTER - A family of four was displaced by a fire on the third floor of an apartment building at 116 Notre Dame Ave. Thursday night, according to city Fire District Chief Michael Gamache.
Gamache said the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He said the fire was on the ceiling of the third-floor apartment and was advancing to the attic before firefighters extinguished it.
He said the displaced family is staying with relatives. Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 worth of damage, Gamache said.
Gamache said accessing the home, which was on a hill, was "both dangerous and challenging" for fire crews because of Thursday's snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 2
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced