Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester fire displaces family
Manchester firefighters pack up after putting out a fire at 116 Notre Dame Ave, about a block from West High School on Thursday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
MANCHESTER - A family of four was displaced by a fire on the third floor of an apartment building at 116 Notre Dame Ave. Thursday night, according to city Fire District Chief Michael Gamache.
Gamache said the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. He said the fire was on the ceiling of the third-floor apartment and was advancing to the attic before firefighters extinguished it.
He said the displaced family is staying with relatives. Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 worth of damage, Gamache said.
Gamache said accessing the home, which was on a hill, was "both dangerous and challenging" for fire crews because of Thursday's snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee