Home » News » Public Safety
Girl sustains serious injuries in head-on Kingston crash
KINGSTON – An 8-year-old girl who may have suffered internal injuries was one of four sent to the hospital after a head-on collision on Route 111 this morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a minivan and a Suburban crashed near 59 Exeter Road – Route 111 – according to Fire Chief Bill Seaman.
Seaman said two ambulances from Kingston and one from East Kingston transported the four patients to Exeter Hospital. He said paramedics from the hospital intercepted one of the ambulances, which is standard procedure with serious injuries.
As a result of her injuries, the 8-year-old may be transported to a hospital in Boston, Mass., Seaman said.
He said three people were transported from the minivan, while one was riding in the SUV. He adding airbags deployed in both vehicles and he believes all the occupants were wearing seat belts.
“Many of them were out of the vehicles when we arrived,” Seaman said, who added firefighters extricated the remaining passengers.
Seaman said the identities of the occupants have not been released at this time.
He said local crews were assisted at the scene by Brentwood firefighters. He said Route 111 was closed for about an hour until firefighters cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
The accident is under investigation by Kingston police, who were assisted at the scene by East Kingston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072