Home » News » Public Safety
Girl sustains serious injuries in head-on Kingston crash
KINGSTON – An 8-year-old girl who may have suffered internal injuries was one of four sent to the hospital after a head-on collision on Route 111 this morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a minivan and a Suburban crashed near 59 Exeter Road – Route 111 – according to Fire Chief Bill Seaman.
Seaman said two ambulances from Kingston and one from East Kingston transported the four patients to Exeter Hospital. He said paramedics from the hospital intercepted one of the ambulances, which is standard procedure with serious injuries.
As a result of her injuries, the 8-year-old may be transported to a hospital in Boston, Mass., Seaman said.
He said three people were transported from the minivan, while one was riding in the SUV. He adding airbags deployed in both vehicles and he believes all the occupants were wearing seat belts.
“Many of them were out of the vehicles when we arrived,” Seaman said, who added firefighters extricated the remaining passengers.
Seaman said the identities of the occupants have not been released at this time.
He said local crews were assisted at the scene by Brentwood firefighters. He said Route 111 was closed for about an hour until firefighters cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
The accident is under investigation by Kingston police, who were assisted at the scene by East Kingston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 0
- Police say Dover teen set fire that forced mother, 4 children from home - 0
- More than 100 NH doctors victims of identity theft, tax fraud - 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing