Home » News » Public Safety
Girl sustains serious injuries in head-on Kingston crash
KINGSTON – An 8-year-old girl who may have suffered internal injuries was one of four sent to the hospital after a head-on collision on Route 111 this morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a minivan and a Suburban crashed near 59 Exeter Road – Route 111 – according to Fire Chief Bill Seaman.
Seaman said two ambulances from Kingston and one from East Kingston transported the four patients to Exeter Hospital. He said paramedics from the hospital intercepted one of the ambulances, which is standard procedure with serious injuries.
As a result of her injuries, the 8-year-old may be transported to a hospital in Boston, Mass., Seaman said.
He said three people were transported from the minivan, while one was riding in the SUV. He adding airbags deployed in both vehicles and he believes all the occupants were wearing seat belts.
“Many of them were out of the vehicles when we arrived,” Seaman said, who added firefighters extricated the remaining passengers.
Seaman said the identities of the occupants have not been released at this time.
He said local crews were assisted at the scene by Brentwood firefighters. He said Route 111 was closed for about an hour until firefighters cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
The accident is under investigation by Kingston police, who were assisted at the scene by East Kingston.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride