Home » News » Public Safety
Girl sustains serious injuries in head-on Kingston crash
KINGSTON – An 8-year-old girl who may have suffered internal injuries was one of four sent to the hospital after a head-on collision on Route 111 this morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a minivan and a Suburban crashed near 59 Exeter Road – Route 111 – according to Fire Chief Bill Seaman.
Seaman said two ambulances from Kingston and one from East Kingston transported the four patients to Exeter Hospital. He said paramedics from the hospital intercepted one of the ambulances, which is standard procedure with serious injuries.
As a result of her injuries, the 8-year-old may be transported to a hospital in Boston, Mass., Seaman said.
He said three people were transported from the minivan, while one was riding in the SUV. He adding airbags deployed in both vehicles and he believes all the occupants were wearing seat belts.
“Many of them were out of the vehicles when we arrived,” Seaman said, who added firefighters extricated the remaining passengers.
Seaman said the identities of the occupants have not been released at this time.
He said local crews were assisted at the scene by Brentwood firefighters. He said Route 111 was closed for about an hour until firefighters cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
The accident is under investigation by Kingston police, who were assisted at the scene by East Kingston.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 106
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?