Home » News » Public Safety
Girl sustains serious injuries in head-on Kingston crash
KINGSTON – An 8-year-old girl who may have suffered internal injuries was one of four sent to the hospital after a head-on collision on Route 111 this morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a minivan and a Suburban crashed near 59 Exeter Road – Route 111 – according to Fire Chief Bill Seaman.
Seaman said two ambulances from Kingston and one from East Kingston transported the four patients to Exeter Hospital. He said paramedics from the hospital intercepted one of the ambulances, which is standard procedure with serious injuries.
As a result of her injuries, the 8-year-old may be transported to a hospital in Boston, Mass., Seaman said.
He said three people were transported from the minivan, while one was riding in the SUV. He adding airbags deployed in both vehicles and he believes all the occupants were wearing seat belts.
“Many of them were out of the vehicles when we arrived,” Seaman said, who added firefighters extricated the remaining passengers.
Seaman said the identities of the occupants have not been released at this time.
He said local crews were assisted at the scene by Brentwood firefighters. He said Route 111 was closed for about an hour until firefighters cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
The accident is under investigation by Kingston police, who were assisted at the scene by East Kingston.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 8
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 14
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack