Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Man ejected and pinned by vehicle suffers minor injuries
NORTHFIELD – A man driving a pickup truck northbound on Interstate 93 near the Northfield-Tilton town line lost control of his truck, was ejected and then pinned underneath late Thursday afternoon.
The man, who was not local to the area and was in his 30s, suffered only minor injuries, according to Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie.
About five inches of snow had fallen and the roads were slippery but the accident, which occurred at about 3:10 p.m. and shut down parts of the southbound lane for a period, was a bit of a mystery.
“I’m still not quite sure how it happened,” Valovanie said. “Apparently the driver slid off into the median, was ejected from his truck, and then the truck landed tires down on top of him. And he only had minor injuries.”
The driver, whose name was not released, was taken to Concord Hospital and released. His truck had a plow on the front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 0
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 2
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 2
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it