Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Man ejected and pinned by vehicle suffers minor injuries
NORTHFIELD – A man driving a pickup truck northbound on Interstate 93 near the Northfield-Tilton town line lost control of his truck, was ejected and then pinned underneath late Thursday afternoon.
The man, who was not local to the area and was in his 30s, suffered only minor injuries, according to Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie.
About five inches of snow had fallen and the roads were slippery but the accident, which occurred at about 3:10 p.m. and shut down parts of the southbound lane for a period, was a bit of a mystery.
“I’m still not quite sure how it happened,” Valovanie said. “Apparently the driver slid off into the median, was ejected from his truck, and then the truck landed tires down on top of him. And he only had minor injuries.”
The driver, whose name was not released, was taken to Concord Hospital and released. His truck had a plow on the front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 8
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings