Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Tractor trailer blocks Green St. in Somersworth
SOMERSWORTH – Despite the wind-driven snow, there have been very few accidents or incidents. Police and firefighters attribute this to the fact many people are on vacation or avoiding travel.
A tractor trailer slid across the road and blocked Green Street earlier this morning in downtown Somersworth.
Another vehicle slipped off Ridge Road in Farmington and a few cars drove off the roads in Lee.
Farmington Sgt. John Drury said there is little traffic since very few drivers decided to brave the elements and schools are all out on winter break.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 10
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
- Liquor Commission contract sets performance standards - 0
- Pease, Portsmouth await decision on major aerial refueling project - 0
- GRS cooperative voters support board's plan - 0
- Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case - 0
- Hopkinton makes quick work of giving annual raises - 0
- Candidates learn District 1 is a big area with a 'small-town' feel - 0