Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Derry crews monitoring snowfall
DERRY - Public works crews were out last night shortly after midnight to keep pace with the post-Christmas snow storm, according to public works director Mike Fowler.
Crews were primarily plowing and applying salt as moderate snow continued to fall into the late morning.
Although there had been a changeover to rain and mixed snow just south of Derry, the changeover had yet to hit Derry.
Fowler said crews would continue to keep an eye on the forecast and see if the snow would change to rain.
Snow and icy conditions caused several accidents on Rte. 93 North in Windham and Derry late Thursday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City Matters: Another storm, another chance to do your part for your city to do the right thing - 2
- City Matters: Manchester man wants apology from police - 2
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Crossing guards endure rush hour rudeness - 8
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Readers come through for frustrated Penguin Plunger - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Special Olympian says price to Plunge too high - 4
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester celebrates Martin Luther King legacy - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Innocence lost, justice delayed - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dig deep in NH history to find reason for slippery sidewalks - 6
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Tiny Tim's delivery makes the show - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'