Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Derry crews monitoring snowfall
Windham fire and rescue personnel responded to a two-car accident on Rte. 93 North on Thursday morning as heavy snow blanketed the area. (Adam Swift)
DPW crews worked to clear snow in front of the Derry Municipal Center on Thursday morning. (Adam Swift)
DERRY - Public works crews were out last night shortly after midnight to keep pace with the post-Christmas snow storm, according to public works director Mike Fowler.
Crews were primarily plowing and applying salt as moderate snow continued to fall into the late morning.
Although there had been a changeover to rain and mixed snow just south of Derry, the changeover had yet to hit Derry.
Fowler said crews would continue to keep an eye on the forecast and see if the snow would change to rain.
Snow and icy conditions caused several accidents on Rte. 93 North in Windham and Derry late Thursday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem