Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Derry crews monitoring snowfall
Windham fire and rescue personnel responded to a two-car accident on Rte. 93 North on Thursday morning as heavy snow blanketed the area. (Adam Swift)
DPW crews worked to clear snow in front of the Derry Municipal Center on Thursday morning. (Adam Swift)
DERRY - Public works crews were out last night shortly after midnight to keep pace with the post-Christmas snow storm, according to public works director Mike Fowler.
Crews were primarily plowing and applying salt as moderate snow continued to fall into the late morning.
Although there had been a changeover to rain and mixed snow just south of Derry, the changeover had yet to hit Derry.
Fowler said crews would continue to keep an eye on the forecast and see if the snow would change to rain.
Snow and icy conditions caused several accidents on Rte. 93 North in Windham and Derry late Thursday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Update: Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
A new era for Nashua's police force
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death