Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Derry crews monitoring snowfall
Windham fire and rescue personnel responded to a two-car accident on Rte. 93 North on Thursday morning as heavy snow blanketed the area. (Adam Swift)
DPW crews worked to clear snow in front of the Derry Municipal Center on Thursday morning. (Adam Swift)
DERRY - Public works crews were out last night shortly after midnight to keep pace with the post-Christmas snow storm, according to public works director Mike Fowler.
Crews were primarily plowing and applying salt as moderate snow continued to fall into the late morning.
Although there had been a changeover to rain and mixed snow just south of Derry, the changeover had yet to hit Derry.
Fowler said crews would continue to keep an eye on the forecast and see if the snow would change to rain.
Snow and icy conditions caused several accidents on Rte. 93 North in Windham and Derry late Thursday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 0
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Bow goes to shootout to defeat Concord
It's Central, Merrimack