Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Queen City Basketball Tournament postponed by storm
The Queen City Basketball Tournament has been around for 50 years. The 51st edition will be around a day longer than originally planned.
Officials of the boys' high school hoops tourney at Manchester Memorial High this morning postponed Day 2 of the QCIBT to Friday and moved the championship game to Saturday.
Earlier, the start of the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Tournament was postponed from Thursday to Friday, with winners'-bracket and consolation games moved to Saturday and the championship game moved to Sunday.
Friday's QCIBT schedule at Memorial includes winners'-bracket games between Merrimack and Exeter at 6 p.m., and Memorial and Central at 7:30 p.m. In the consolation bracket, Bedford faces Goffstown at 3 p.m., and Manchester West faces Trinity of Manchester at 4:30.
The championship game will take place Saturday at 7:30 p.m., preceded by consolation games at 3, 4:30 and 6 p.m.
In the girls' tournament at Central on Friday, West faces Lebanon at 2:30 p.m., followed by Memorial and Plymouth Regional at 4, Trinity and Hollis/Brookline at 5:30, and Central and Coe-Brown Northwood Academy at 7. Saturday's schedule includes consolation games at 2:30 and 4 p.m., and winners'-bracket games at 5:30 and 7 p.m. The championship game will take place Sunday at 7, preceeded by three more consolation games.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice