Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Queen City Basketball Tournament postponed by storm
The Queen City Basketball Tournament has been around for 50 years. The 51st edition will be around a day longer than originally planned.
Officials of the boys' high school hoops tourney at Manchester Memorial High this morning postponed Day 2 of the QCIBT to Friday and moved the championship game to Saturday.
Earlier, the start of the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Tournament was postponed from Thursday to Friday, with winners'-bracket and consolation games moved to Saturday and the championship game moved to Sunday.
Friday's QCIBT schedule at Memorial includes winners'-bracket games between Merrimack and Exeter at 6 p.m., and Memorial and Central at 7:30 p.m. In the consolation bracket, Bedford faces Goffstown at 3 p.m., and Manchester West faces Trinity of Manchester at 4:30.
The championship game will take place Saturday at 7:30 p.m., preceded by consolation games at 3, 4:30 and 6 p.m.
In the girls' tournament at Central on Friday, West faces Lebanon at 2:30 p.m., followed by Memorial and Plymouth Regional at 4, Trinity and Hollis/Brookline at 5:30, and Central and Coe-Brown Northwood Academy at 7. Saturday's schedule includes consolation games at 2:30 and 4 p.m., and winners'-bracket games at 5:30 and 7 p.m. The championship game will take place Sunday at 7, preceeded by three more consolation games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tenants, landlords trumped by persistent bedbugs - 4
- Neighbors want a sound wall for a wall of highway sound - 0
- Tiny park's got no game — and few visitors - 4
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 18
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Raising a pint for science - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Downtown, it's all in the restaurant family - 1
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters