In this weekend's Sunday News
2012 Citizen of the Year
Since 2004, the Union Leader and Sunday News have been awarding the Citizen of the Year honor to the individual or group who, in the newspapers' view, has had the biggest influence or effect in New Hampshire. Although there may be several potential candidates who meet the criteria, our choice is the standout. We think you'll agree. Find out this Sunday.
NH Perspective: Stay in the loop
NH Perspective offers a full page of information every Sunday highlighting top stories reported in the New Hampshire Union Leader during the previous week. It's not heavy reading, but it gives busy people (aren't we all?) a new way to stay caught up and informed about what's happening in state news, business, politics and sports. Check it out.
PARADE: Roker's personal lost and found
In his new book, "Never Goin' Back: Winning the Weight-Loss Battle for Good,'' the "Today" show's Al Roker opens up about his lifetime struggle with weight and how he finally broke the yo-yo cycle - for good. In addition, o you think you know everything about the year that was? Test how well you've been paying attention.
Business: Protecting the rock
If you got engaged over the holidays or will do so New Year's Eve - December is the most popular month for engagements - you should consider insurance for the ring. A look at the options, what it typically costs, when it's worth it and when it's not.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again