In this weekend's Sunday News
2012 Citizen of the Year
Since 2004, the Union Leader and Sunday News have been awarding the Citizen of the Year honor to the individual or group who, in the newspapers' view, has had the biggest influence or effect in New Hampshire. Although there may be several potential candidates who meet the criteria, our choice is the standout. We think you'll agree. Find out this Sunday.
NH Perspective: Stay in the loop
NH Perspective offers a full page of information every Sunday highlighting top stories reported in the New Hampshire Union Leader during the previous week. It's not heavy reading, but it gives busy people (aren't we all?) a new way to stay caught up and informed about what's happening in state news, business, politics and sports. Check it out.
PARADE: Roker's personal lost and found
In his new book, "Never Goin' Back: Winning the Weight-Loss Battle for Good,'' the "Today" show's Al Roker opens up about his lifetime struggle with weight and how he finally broke the yo-yo cycle - for good. In addition, o you think you know everything about the year that was? Test how well you've been paying attention.
Business: Protecting the rock
If you got engaged over the holidays or will do so New Year's Eve - December is the most popular month for engagements - you should consider insurance for the ring. A look at the options, what it typically costs, when it's worth it and when it's not.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Thousands attend funeral service for Marine in Peterborough - 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
- Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough - 0
- Monadnock area family of killed Marine travels to Delaware for arrival of body - 0
- ISIS' victories may win it recruits from rival Syrian rebel groups - 0
- Bomb kills NH Marine - 2
- NH Marine killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan - 7
- General: Iraq asks U.S. for air support to stop rebels - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms