In this weekend's Sunday News
2012 Citizen of the Year
Since 2004, the Union Leader and Sunday News have been awarding the Citizen of the Year honor to the individual or group who, in the newspapers' view, has had the biggest influence or effect in New Hampshire. Although there may be several potential candidates who meet the criteria, our choice is the standout. We think you'll agree. Find out this Sunday.
NH Perspective: Stay in the loop
NH Perspective offers a full page of information every Sunday highlighting top stories reported in the New Hampshire Union Leader during the previous week. It's not heavy reading, but it gives busy people (aren't we all?) a new way to stay caught up and informed about what's happening in state news, business, politics and sports. Check it out.
PARADE: Roker's personal lost and found
In his new book, "Never Goin' Back: Winning the Weight-Loss Battle for Good,'' the "Today" show's Al Roker opens up about his lifetime struggle with weight and how he finally broke the yo-yo cycle - for good. In addition, o you think you know everything about the year that was? Test how well you've been paying attention.
Business: Protecting the rock
If you got engaged over the holidays or will do so New Year's Eve - December is the most popular month for engagements - you should consider insurance for the ring. A look at the options, what it typically costs, when it's worth it and when it's not.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 8
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings