In this weekend's Sunday News
2012 Citizen of the Year
Since 2004, the Union Leader and Sunday News have been awarding the Citizen of the Year honor to the individual or group who, in the newspapers' view, has had the biggest influence or effect in New Hampshire. Although there may be several potential candidates who meet the criteria, our choice is the standout. We think you'll agree. Find out this Sunday.
NH Perspective: Stay in the loop
NH Perspective offers a full page of information every Sunday highlighting top stories reported in the New Hampshire Union Leader during the previous week. It's not heavy reading, but it gives busy people (aren't we all?) a new way to stay caught up and informed about what's happening in state news, business, politics and sports. Check it out.
PARADE: Roker's personal lost and found
In his new book, "Never Goin' Back: Winning the Weight-Loss Battle for Good,'' the "Today" show's Al Roker opens up about his lifetime struggle with weight and how he finally broke the yo-yo cycle - for good. In addition, o you think you know everything about the year that was? Test how well you've been paying attention.
Business: Protecting the rock
If you got engaged over the holidays or will do so New Year's Eve - December is the most popular month for engagements - you should consider insurance for the ring. A look at the options, what it typically costs, when it's worth it and when it's not.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 68
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 3
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene man arrested in assault on 2-year-old - 1
- House upholds three Gov. Hassan vetoes, ends 2014 session - 0
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof