City basketball tourneys postponed
The Queen City Invitational boys' tournament on Friday will pick up where it left off on Wednesday at Manchester Memorial High, while the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Christmas Tournament starts a day later than planned.
The Queen City Basketball Tournament has been around for 50 years. The 51st edition will be around a day longer than originally planned.
Officials of the boys' high school hoops tourney at Manchester Memorial High this morning postponed Day 2 of the QCIBT to Friday and moved the championship game to Saturday.
Earlier, the start of the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Tournament was postponed from Thursday to Friday, with winners'-bracket and consolation games moved to Saturday and the championship game moved to Sunday.
Friday's QCIBT schedule at Memorial includes winners'-bracket games between Merrimack and Exeter at 6 p.m., and Memorial and Central at 7:30 p.m. In the consolation bracket, Bedford faces Goffstown at 3 p.m., and Manchester West faces Trinity of Manchester at 4:30.
The championship game will take place Saturday at 7:30 p.m., preceded by consolation games at 3, 4:30 and 6 p.m.
In the girls' tournament at Central on Friday, West faces Lebanon at 2:30 p.m., followed by Memorial and Plymouth Regional at 4, Trinity and Hollis/Brookline at 5:30, and Central and Coe-Brown Northwood Academy at 7. Saturday's schedule includes consolation games at 2:30 and 4 p.m., and winners'-bracket games at 5:30 and 7 p.m. The championship game will take place Sunday at 7, preceeded by three more consolation games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- UNH defensive tackle Jared Smith chosen by Seattle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats piece puzzle together - 0
- Texans tap Londonderry's Griffin in NFL Draft - 1
- Patriots make LB, WR top draft picks - 0
- Vikings make NFL Draft splash with three first-round picks, huge trade with Pats - 0
- Top pick Fisher leads linemen's march at NFL Draft - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patience a virtue for Pats - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 19
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840