City basketball tourneys postponed
The Queen City Invitational boys' tournament on Friday will pick up where it left off on Wednesday at Manchester Memorial High, while the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Christmas Tournament starts a day later than planned.
The Queen City Basketball Tournament has been around for 50 years. The 51st edition will be around a day longer than originally planned.
Officials of the boys' high school hoops tourney at Manchester Memorial High this morning postponed Day 2 of the QCIBT to Friday and moved the championship game to Saturday.
Earlier, the start of the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Tournament was postponed from Thursday to Friday, with winners'-bracket and consolation games moved to Saturday and the championship game moved to Sunday.
Friday's QCIBT schedule at Memorial includes winners'-bracket games between Merrimack and Exeter at 6 p.m., and Memorial and Central at 7:30 p.m. In the consolation bracket, Bedford faces Goffstown at 3 p.m., and Manchester West faces Trinity of Manchester at 4:30.
The championship game will take place Saturday at 7:30 p.m., preceded by consolation games at 3, 4:30 and 6 p.m.
In the girls' tournament at Central on Friday, West faces Lebanon at 2:30 p.m., followed by Memorial and Plymouth Regional at 4, Trinity and Hollis/Brookline at 5:30, and Central and Coe-Brown Northwood Academy at 7. Saturday's schedule includes consolation games at 2:30 and 4 p.m., and winners'-bracket games at 5:30 and 7 p.m. The championship game will take place Sunday at 7, preceeded by three more consolation games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Trinity's Currier stops Nashua North - 0
- Campbell nine edges Hopkinton - 0
- Goffstown boys, Hollis/Brookline girls post baseball, softball wins - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: North’s win streak just keeps growing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840