City basketball tourneys postponed
The Queen City Invitational boys' tournament on Friday will pick up where it left off on Wednesday at Manchester Memorial High, while the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Christmas Tournament starts a day later than planned.
The Queen City Basketball Tournament has been around for 50 years. The 51st edition will be around a day longer than originally planned.
Officials of the boys' high school hoops tourney at Manchester Memorial High this morning postponed Day 2 of the QCIBT to Friday and moved the championship game to Saturday.
Earlier, the start of the Manchester Central Girls' Basketball Tournament was postponed from Thursday to Friday, with winners'-bracket and consolation games moved to Saturday and the championship game moved to Sunday.
Friday's QCIBT schedule at Memorial includes winners'-bracket games between Merrimack and Exeter at 6 p.m., and Memorial and Central at 7:30 p.m. In the consolation bracket, Bedford faces Goffstown at 3 p.m., and Manchester West faces Trinity of Manchester at 4:30.
The championship game will take place Saturday at 7:30 p.m., preceded by consolation games at 3, 4:30 and 6 p.m.
In the girls' tournament at Central on Friday, West faces Lebanon at 2:30 p.m., followed by Memorial and Plymouth Regional at 4, Trinity and Hollis/Brookline at 5:30, and Central and Coe-Brown Northwood Academy at 7. Saturday's schedule includes consolation games at 2:30 and 4 p.m., and winners'-bracket games at 5:30 and 7 p.m. The championship game will take place Sunday at 7, preceeded by three more consolation games.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 0
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
- Derry medical corps to seek grant - 0
- NH reps eyeing budget deal - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840