Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Fisk pleads guilty to drunken-driving charge
Hall of Fame catcher and New Hampshire native Carlton Fisk pleaded guilty Thursday to a drunken-driving charge.
Fisk, 64, received a sentence of one year of court supervision, must pay $1,250 in court costs and undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation and counseling. Police found him asleep in his pickup truck in a suburban Chicago cornfield on Oct. 22, with an open bottle of whiskey on the floor.
Fisk's lawyer, Stephen White, said in Will County court that Fisk wanted to accept responsibility for his actions.
"He stepped up to the plate," White said.
Fisk's signature moment came in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, while playing for the Boston Red Sox, when he won the game with a 12th-inning home run.
Sox pursuing LaRoche
The Boston Red Sox are pursuing free-agent first baseman Adam LaRoche, according to a report from SB Nation Boston.
LaRoche is seeking a three-year deal, despite having multiple two-year offers on the table. One of those offers is from the Washington Nationals, the team for which LaRoche played the previous two seasons.
The 33-year-old batted .271 with 33 home runs and 100 RBIs in 2012, and earned a Gold Glove.
Boston could be exploring the possibility as a way of getting out of an agreement with free-agent Mike Napoli, whose three-deal appears to have hit a snag over concerns regarding his hip. That $39-million agreement hasn't been finalized.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox outlast Twins, lengthy rain delay - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Sox edge Twins in 10, 3-2 - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Bard tough to watch, tough to root against - 0
- Red Sox catch Rays in ninth - 0
- Drew, Red Sox pound Rays - 0
- Moore survives Ortiz HR, hurls Rays past Red Sox - 0
- Blue Jays homers hammer Red Sox - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: This is Lester's team now - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs