Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Fisk pleads guilty to drunken-driving charge
Hall of Fame catcher and New Hampshire native Carlton Fisk pleaded guilty Thursday to a drunken-driving charge.
Fisk, 64, received a sentence of one year of court supervision, must pay $1,250 in court costs and undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation and counseling. Police found him asleep in his pickup truck in a suburban Chicago cornfield on Oct. 22, with an open bottle of whiskey on the floor.
Fisk's lawyer, Stephen White, said in Will County court that Fisk wanted to accept responsibility for his actions.
"He stepped up to the plate," White said.
Fisk's signature moment came in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, while playing for the Boston Red Sox, when he won the game with a 12th-inning home run.
Sox pursuing LaRoche
The Boston Red Sox are pursuing free-agent first baseman Adam LaRoche, according to a report from SB Nation Boston.
LaRoche is seeking a three-year deal, despite having multiple two-year offers on the table. One of those offers is from the Washington Nationals, the team for which LaRoche played the previous two seasons.
The 33-year-old batted .271 with 33 home runs and 100 RBIs in 2012, and earned a Gold Glove.
Boston could be exploring the possibility as a way of getting out of an agreement with free-agent Mike Napoli, whose three-deal appears to have hit a snag over concerns regarding his hip. That $39-million agreement hasn't been finalized.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice