Bedford rolls in Nor Easter Invitational
Head coach Bob Benincasaís Bulldogs battled their way to a second-place finish at Hollis-Brooklineís Norí Easter Invitational on Saturday, Dec. 22. The only team to best Bedford was Division I Pinkerton.
Bedfordís two tournament champions were Colin Perras, who wrestled in the 120-pound weight class, and heavyweight Robert Lamy. The Bulldogs got a second-place finish in the 152-pound weight class from Sam Kollmorgan and a third-place finish from Jake Valeri at 113 pounds.
Jake Hall at 113 pounds, Josh Belz at 132 pounds, Chris Conery at 138 pounds, Matt Houston at 195 pounds and Bobby Heald at 220 pounds all earned fourth place finished at the Norí Easter Invitational.
The Bulldogs had been struggling with sickness and injuries earlier in the season, but put forth a full lineup in their Division II league-win over Merrimack on Dec. 19.
Benincasaís standout for the match was Valeri, who beat out one of last yearís Division II state-finalists at the 113-pound weight class. Also taking first in their weight class for the Bulldogs were Hall at 106, Perras at 120, Ben Gilman at 126, Belz at 132, Ben Miller at 152, Kollmorgan at 160, Robert Bernard at 182 and Houston at 195.
The final score of the Merrimack meet was 54-27 in favor of the Bulldogs.
Their next test is at the Lowell Holiday Invitational Tournament, beginning Thursday, Dec. 27. The two-day tournament hosts 64 teams from the New England area.
After starting the season with three road competitions and tournaments at opposing gyms, the Bulldogs take to their familiar, home mats on Jan. 3 against Winnacunnet.
The Bedford Bulletin
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs