Home » News » Public Safety
Concord fire ruins family apartment, injures one firefighter
CONCORD — A family was displaced by a fire that damaged a basement apartment at the Morningstar Apartments complex on Loudon Road on Friday afternoon, Battalion Chief Rick Whitney said.
Whitney said fire crews encountered a heavy fire shortly after 3 p.m. Friday, "but were able to handle it." He didn't know how many people were in the family that was displaced.
He said one firefighter was injured battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 2
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 2
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Berlin man dies while kayaking
Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos