Home » News » Public Safety
Concord fire ruins family apartment, injures one firefighter
CONCORD — A family was displaced by a fire that damaged a basement apartment at the Morningstar Apartments complex on Loudon Road on Friday afternoon, Battalion Chief Rick Whitney said.
Whitney said fire crews encountered a heavy fire shortly after 3 p.m. Friday, "but were able to handle it." He didn't know how many people were in the family that was displaced.
He said one firefighter was injured battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 1
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 4
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 2
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 3
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072