Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Clippers romp past Celtics, 106-77
LOS ANGELES -- Matt Barnes came off the bench and made 5 of 9 3-pointers en route to a game-high 21 points as host Los Angeles extended its franchise-record winning streak to 15 games with a 106-77 win on Thursday.
Jamal Crawford scored 17 points and Blake Griffin added 15 and eight rebounds for the Clippers, who have not lost since Nov. 26 against New Orleans.
Kevin Garnett contributed 16 points while Paul Pierce and Courtney Lee chipped in 12 apiece for Boston, which was outscored 23-6 over the first 10 minutes of the fourth quarter.
Already ahead 7-4, Los Angeles went on an 11-0 run to increase its lead to 14 points with 6:13 remaining in the first quarter. Boston got within four as it began the second with an 8-2 burst, but the Clippers scored the next eight points to grab a 40-28 advantage with 9:12 to play.
A 9-0 spurt in the third quarter gave Los Angeles a 78-57 lead with 3:05 left, and it swelled to 90-67 as the Clippers scored the first eight points in the fourth. Barnes capped a late 13-2 run with a 3-pointer to give Los Angeles its largest lead at 105-73 with 2:29 remaining.
- - - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: The Clippers improved to 17-0 when Barnes comes off the bench and scores in double figures. ... Pierce (23,156 points) moved past Elgin Baylor for 24th place on the all-time scoring list while Garnett claimed sole possession of 15th on the games played list by appearing in his 1,283rd contest. ... Los Angeles has won 11 games during its streak by 12 points or more.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 12
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 34
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 5
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs