Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Clippers romp past Celtics, 106-77
LOS ANGELES -- Matt Barnes came off the bench and made 5 of 9 3-pointers en route to a game-high 21 points as host Los Angeles extended its franchise-record winning streak to 15 games with a 106-77 win on Thursday.
Jamal Crawford scored 17 points and Blake Griffin added 15 and eight rebounds for the Clippers, who have not lost since Nov. 26 against New Orleans.
Kevin Garnett contributed 16 points while Paul Pierce and Courtney Lee chipped in 12 apiece for Boston, which was outscored 23-6 over the first 10 minutes of the fourth quarter.
Already ahead 7-4, Los Angeles went on an 11-0 run to increase its lead to 14 points with 6:13 remaining in the first quarter. Boston got within four as it began the second with an 8-2 burst, but the Clippers scored the next eight points to grab a 40-28 advantage with 9:12 to play.
A 9-0 spurt in the third quarter gave Los Angeles a 78-57 lead with 3:05 left, and it swelled to 90-67 as the Clippers scored the first eight points in the fourth. Barnes capped a late 13-2 run with a 3-pointer to give Los Angeles its largest lead at 105-73 with 2:29 remaining.
- - - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: The Clippers improved to 17-0 when Barnes comes off the bench and scores in double figures. ... Pierce (23,156 points) moved past Elgin Baylor for 24th place on the all-time scoring list while Garnett claimed sole possession of 15th on the games played list by appearing in his 1,283rd contest. ... Los Angeles has won 11 games during its streak by 12 points or more.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions