Home » News » Public Safety
Sprinkler saves Tilton business
TILTON - A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damage from an early-morning fire that destroyed a truck at a garage on Saturday, Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober said.
Ober said crews responded to AutoServ at 40 East Main St. about 2:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building and a truck inside that was on fire. The truck was destroyed and damage to the building was minimal, he said.
"The building's sprinkler system activated just prior to our arrival, helping to keep the fire contained to its point of origin," Ober said. "If this building did not have a sprinkler system damages would have been much worse."
Ober said the fire does not appear to be suspicious, and there were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 21
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 11
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. appeals court ruling ends Obamacare subsidies for coverage through exchanges such as NH's - 10
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 5
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 2
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals court ruling ends Obamacare subsidies for coverage through exchanges such as NH's
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's