Home » News » Public Safety
Sprinkler saves Tilton business
TILTON - A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damage from an early-morning fire that destroyed a truck at a garage on Saturday, Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober said.
Ober said crews responded to AutoServ at 40 East Main St. about 2:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building and a truck inside that was on fire. The truck was destroyed and damage to the building was minimal, he said.
"The building's sprinkler system activated just prior to our arrival, helping to keep the fire contained to its point of origin," Ober said. "If this building did not have a sprinkler system damages would have been much worse."
Ober said the fire does not appear to be suspicious, and there were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- Harvard clears all buildings after report of explosives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072