Home » News » Public Safety
Sprinkler system saves Tilton repair shop
TILTON — A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damage from an early-morning fire that destroyed a truck at a garage on Saturday, Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober said.
Ober said crews responded to AutoServ at 40 East Main St. about 2:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building and a truck inside that was on fire. The truck was destroyed but damage to the building was minimal, he said.
“The building’s sprinkler system activated just prior to our arrival, helping to keep the fire contained to its point of origin,” Ober said. “If this building did not have a sprinkler system damages would have been much worse.”
Ober said the fire does not appear to be suspicious and there were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate