Home » News » Public Safety
Sprinkler system saves Tilton repair shop
TILTON — A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damage from an early-morning fire that destroyed a truck at a garage on Saturday, Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober said.
Ober said crews responded to AutoServ at 40 East Main St. about 2:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building and a truck inside that was on fire. The truck was destroyed but damage to the building was minimal, he said.
“The building’s sprinkler system activated just prior to our arrival, helping to keep the fire contained to its point of origin,” Ober said. “If this building did not have a sprinkler system damages would have been much worse.”
Ober said the fire does not appear to be suspicious and there were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Expectant couple's deaths in Lebanon crash probed - 0
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 1
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 5
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072