Home » News » Public Safety
Sprinkler system saves Tilton repair shop
TILTON — A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damage from an early-morning fire that destroyed a truck at a garage on Saturday, Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober said.
Ober said crews responded to AutoServ at 40 East Main St. about 2:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building and a truck inside that was on fire. The truck was destroyed but damage to the building was minimal, he said.
“The building’s sprinkler system activated just prior to our arrival, helping to keep the fire contained to its point of origin,” Ober said. “If this building did not have a sprinkler system damages would have been much worse.”
Ober said the fire does not appear to be suspicious and there were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 0
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Havenstein announces for Republican nomination in governor's race - 5
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 9
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'