Home » News » Public Safety
Sprinkler system saves Tilton repair shop
TILTON — A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing damage from an early-morning fire that destroyed a truck at a garage on Saturday, Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober said.
Ober said crews responded to AutoServ at 40 East Main St. about 2:30 a.m. and found smoke coming from the building and a truck inside that was on fire. The truck was destroyed but damage to the building was minimal, he said.
“The building’s sprinkler system activated just prior to our arrival, helping to keep the fire contained to its point of origin,” Ober said. “If this building did not have a sprinkler system damages would have been much worse.”
Ober said the fire does not appear to be suspicious and there were no injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman rescued after Franklin accident, 50-foot plunge - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
- Curbing motorcycle noise an ongoing effort for police - 41
READER COMMENTS: 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage