Home » News » Public Safety
Teen dies sledding on closed ski slope
PINKHAM NOTCH - An 18-year-old Massachusetts man died while sledding on Wildcat Mountain while the ski slopes were closed, according to a New Hampshire Fish and Game Department release.
Joseph Murad, 18, of Hanson, Mass., was found dead by a search party after disappearing during a midnight sledding excursion on the slopes of Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham Notch, the release said.
"The ski slopes of Wildcat Mountain were closed during the time that Mr. Murad's party was on the mountain," the release said. "In addition, these trails are not open to sledding."
The release said Murad and two friends hiked to the mountain's summit Thursday night intending to ride sleds to the bottom. Authorities were called about 3:30 a.m. Friday when his friends were not able to find him, the release said.
Murad's body was found about 8 a.m. and it appears as though injuries he suffered during a crash "were major contributing factors in (Murad's) death," the release said.
City suspends rule on odd/even parking
MANCHESTER - The city's odd/even winter parking regulations are being waived from 1 a.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to Deputy Public Works Director Tim Clougherty.
That means drivers don't have to worry about the correlation between the day and the address number - odd-numbered side on odd days and even-numbered on even days - until Wednesday morning. After 6 a.m. Wednesday, vehicles must be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072