Home » News » Public Safety
Teen dies sledding on closed ski slope
PINKHAM NOTCH - An 18-year-old Massachusetts man died while sledding on Wildcat Mountain while the ski slopes were closed, according to a New Hampshire Fish and Game Department release.
Joseph Murad, 18, of Hanson, Mass., was found dead by a search party after disappearing during a midnight sledding excursion on the slopes of Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham Notch, the release said.
"The ski slopes of Wildcat Mountain were closed during the time that Mr. Murad's party was on the mountain," the release said. "In addition, these trails are not open to sledding."
The release said Murad and two friends hiked to the mountain's summit Thursday night intending to ride sleds to the bottom. Authorities were called about 3:30 a.m. Friday when his friends were not able to find him, the release said.
Murad's body was found about 8 a.m. and it appears as though injuries he suffered during a crash "were major contributing factors in (Murad's) death," the release said.
City suspends rule on odd/even parking
MANCHESTER - The city's odd/even winter parking regulations are being waived from 1 a.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to Deputy Public Works Director Tim Clougherty.
That means drivers don't have to worry about the correlation between the day and the address number - odd-numbered side on odd days and even-numbered on even days - until Wednesday morning. After 6 a.m. Wednesday, vehicles must be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate