Home » News » Public Safety
Teen dies sledding on closed ski slope
PINKHAM NOTCH - An 18-year-old Massachusetts man died while sledding on Wildcat Mountain while the ski slopes were closed, according to a New Hampshire Fish and Game Department release.
Joseph Murad, 18, of Hanson, Mass., was found dead by a search party after disappearing during a midnight sledding excursion on the slopes of Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham Notch, the release said.
"The ski slopes of Wildcat Mountain were closed during the time that Mr. Murad's party was on the mountain," the release said. "In addition, these trails are not open to sledding."
The release said Murad and two friends hiked to the mountain's summit Thursday night intending to ride sleds to the bottom. Authorities were called about 3:30 a.m. Friday when his friends were not able to find him, the release said.
Murad's body was found about 8 a.m. and it appears as though injuries he suffered during a crash "were major contributing factors in (Murad's) death," the release said.
City suspends rule on odd/even parking
MANCHESTER - The city's odd/even winter parking regulations are being waived from 1 a.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to Deputy Public Works Director Tim Clougherty.
That means drivers don't have to worry about the correlation between the day and the address number - odd-numbered side on odd days and even-numbered on even days - until Wednesday morning. After 6 a.m. Wednesday, vehicles must be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 9
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072