Home » News » Public Safety
Teen dies sledding on closed ski slope
PINKHAM NOTCH - An 18-year-old Massachusetts man died while sledding on Wildcat Mountain while the ski slopes were closed, according to a New Hampshire Fish and Game Department release.
Joseph Murad, 18, of Hanson, Mass., was found dead by a search party after disappearing during a midnight sledding excursion on the slopes of Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham Notch, the release said.
"The ski slopes of Wildcat Mountain were closed during the time that Mr. Murad's party was on the mountain," the release said. "In addition, these trails are not open to sledding."
The release said Murad and two friends hiked to the mountain's summit Thursday night intending to ride sleds to the bottom. Authorities were called about 3:30 a.m. Friday when his friends were not able to find him, the release said.
Murad's body was found about 8 a.m. and it appears as though injuries he suffered during a crash "were major contributing factors in (Murad's) death," the release said.
City suspends rule on odd/even parking
MANCHESTER - The city's odd/even winter parking regulations are being waived from 1 a.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to Deputy Public Works Director Tim Clougherty.
That means drivers don't have to worry about the correlation between the day and the address number - odd-numbered side on odd days and even-numbered on even days - until Wednesday morning. After 6 a.m. Wednesday, vehicles must be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072