Home » News » Public Safety
Teen dies sledding on closed ski slope
PINKHAM NOTCH - An 18-year-old Massachusetts man died while sledding on Wildcat Mountain while the ski slopes were closed, according to a New Hampshire Fish and Game Department release.
Joseph Murad, 18, of Hanson, Mass., was found dead by a search party after disappearing during a midnight sledding excursion on the slopes of Wildcat Mountain in Pinkham Notch, the release said.
"The ski slopes of Wildcat Mountain were closed during the time that Mr. Murad's party was on the mountain," the release said. "In addition, these trails are not open to sledding."
The release said Murad and two friends hiked to the mountain's summit Thursday night intending to ride sleds to the bottom. Authorities were called about 3:30 a.m. Friday when his friends were not able to find him, the release said.
Murad's body was found about 8 a.m. and it appears as though injuries he suffered during a crash "were major contributing factors in (Murad's) death," the release said.
City suspends rule on odd/even parking
MANCHESTER - The city's odd/even winter parking regulations are being waived from 1 a.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to Deputy Public Works Director Tim Clougherty.
That means drivers don't have to worry about the correlation between the day and the address number - odd-numbered side on odd days and even-numbered on even days - until Wednesday morning. After 6 a.m. Wednesday, vehicles must be parked on the odd-numbered side of the street.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- Errol town warrant passes easily - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Yes, dogs can also suffer from fear of new situations - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin - 0
- Chamber, Covering New Hampshire host health insurance roundtable - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity