Home » News » Public Safety
Exeter girl remains in hospital after Kingston crash
KINGSTON - A young girl from Exeter remains in a Boston hospital with significant internal injuries after being involved in a head-on collision along Route 111 Thursday morning
While the investigation continues, Police Chief Donald Briggs Jr. said police determined weather was a factor in the crash, which occurred near 59 Exeter Road. He said police will look into whether speed, alcohol or anything else was a factor in the crash.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:36 a.m. after a westbound 2001 Ford Windstar, driven by Rachell West of Exeter, slid into an eastbound 2007 Nissan Murano, driven by Stephanie Raymond of Danville.
West's 8-year-old daughter and son were passengers in the Windstar. Raymond was the sole occupant in the Murano.
Ambulance crews from Kingston and East Kingston transported all four people to Exeter Hospital. The girl was later transferred to Boston due to the extent of her injuries.
Route 111 was closed for about an hour until East Kingston police and firefighters from Kingston and Brentwood cleared the area at 10:26 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 81
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time